Published: 27 March 2016 | Last modified: 10 June 2017
Japan Link Center(JaLC) – DOI Registration Agency
- JaLC Joint Steering Committee (2015). Guidelines for Registering DOIs for Research Data. 26p, 20 October. DOI:10.11502/rd_guideline_en
- JPCOAR (2017). RDM(Research Data Management) training tool. 06 June.
- JPCOAR (2017). Guides for OA policies. 28 February.
- Kathleen Shearer, Kostas Repanas, Kazu Yamaji (2017). Asian Open Access : Regional Survey. 13p., June.
- Kathleen Shearer, Kazu Yamaji, Kostas Repanas (2016). Asian Open Access Meeting Report. 8p., April.
- Digital Repository Federation (2016). Summary of DRF Online Workshop “Learning the Research Process from Hearing about Research Data”. 6p, 28 March.
The Open Science Award is an accolade to for outstanding achievement in open products of computational biology and life science in Japan, presented by DBCLS: Database Center for Life Science since 2013. Anyone who is interested in open science and life science can submit products to be nominated and vote for worthies praised. The award consists of three categories: Database, Code, and Web resource. Off-line Award event will be held to celebrate developers of the products for their contributions by the community.
- 5th Science and Technology Basic Plan [Japanese]. 22 January 2016.
- Council for Science, Technology and Innovation, Cabinet Office (2015). Report on 5th Science and Technology Basic Plan. 18 December.
- Expert Panel on Open Science, based on Global Perspectives Cabinet Office (2015). Promoting Open Science in Japan: Opening up a new era for the advancement of science [Executive Summary, 2p.], 30 March.
- Follow-up committee for Promoting Open Science in Japan [Japanese]. 17 July, 2016-
- Council for Science, Technology and Innovation, Cabinet Office (2014). Addressing Research Misconduct. 8p, 19 September.
- MEXT, 8th Academic Information Committee (2016). Promoting Open Access and Open Research Data (final reports) [Japanese]. 26 February.
- MEXT, 8th Academic Information Committee (2015). Promoting Open Access and Open Research Data (interim reports) [Japanese]. 11 September.
- MEXT (2014). Guidelines for Responding to Misconduct in Research. 31p, 26 August.
- MEXT (2016). Results of Performance Survey (FY2015) [Japanese]. 29 March.
- SCJ, Committee for Open Science Activities [Japanese]
- SCJ (2016). Recommendations Concerning an Approach to Open Science That Will Contribute to Open Innovation – Recommendations. 7 July. 13p.
- SCJ (2015). Increasing Scientific Research Transparency [Japanese] – Responses to MEXT “Guidelines for Responding to Misconduct in Research“. 29p, 6 March.
- SCJ (2014). Rights and Responsibilities of Open Data: Toward Data Journal [Japanese] – Report. 17p, 30 September.
- JST, Department of Innovation Research, and Department of Research Project (2016). Data Management Policy for Strategic Basic Research Programs. 2 February.
- JST, Science and Technology Information Committee (2015). Recommendations on Data Sharing in Japan [Japanese]. 16p, April.
- Data and Information Infrastructure
Systematic data-infrastructure is an effective means for realizing evidence-based STI policy. Since 2011, NISTEP has been developing data-infrastructure as part of MEXT’s “Science of Science, Technology and Innovation Policy” program. Such infrastructure is not just essential as a foundation for enhancing the policy research that supports policymaking; it is also a direct source of evidence for policy formulation. It is also expected to be useful as a tool for raising the quality of policy discussion.